Research, evaluation and publications
Amalgama7 participates regularly in seminars, congresses and scientific meetings of issues related to specialized care in teenagers and young people. In this sense, develops different ways of research such as those relating to the diagnosis and treatment of boys and girls affected by ADHD, child to parent violence, and since 2005, and jointly with Statistical Services Centre of the Autonomous University of Barcelona, with the longitudinal study “Adopted and non-adopted teenagers and young people: a comparative diagnostic study”, basic research that continues today and the results of which are presented at specialized clinical forums as the 2nd, 3rd and 4th International Congress on Dual Disorders (Barcelona).
From the start, Amalgama7, gives priority to the evaluation of the effectiveness of his clinical intervention. In this line, annually is carried out, among others, longitudinal evaluation studies within two years after discharge of patients at their residential devices. These studies are presented in publications and specialized forums.
Publications and preventive material
At the request of several specialized magazines, publishers, Governments, foundations and other entities, are elaborated articles, books, preventive, exhibition materials, facilities… Some examples:
- Travelling exhibitions sponsored by the Diputació de Barcelona and organized jointly with the Barcelona City Council and the Generalitat de Catalunya, as:
- Citizens? Citizens! on the prevention of drug use and AIDS (in Catalan and Spanish).
- At full speed, on the prevention of designer drugs use (in Catalan, Spanish and English).
It is an exhibition opened at the Centre of contemporary culture of Barcelona (CCCB) and at the space of the Maremàgnum in Barcelona, respectively, with roaming continued for more than one decade and an estimate of more than 100,000 visitors (school and general population).
- The book Los rebeldes del bienestar. Claves para la comunicación con los nuevos adolescentes (The rebels of welfare. Keys for communication with new teenagers) (Alba Editorial), edited in catalan (3 editions) and Spanish (2 editions).
- The preventive material “Main risk behaviors in young people and teenagers”, edited by Edigol Ediciones, consisting of a set of wall plates, serving teachers and aimed at students, on the prevention of drug use.
- The preventive guides edited by the Crèdit Andorrà Foundation:
- Guia preventiva sobre trastorns relacionats amb la nutrició i el comportament alimentari. Fundació Crèdit Andorrà: Andorra la Vella, 2017.
- Guia preventiva sobre l’abús de les noves tecnologies. Fundació Crèdit Andorrà: Andorra la Vella, 2015.