Brief profile of patients
- The mean age of the teenagers and young people attended in the Amalgama7 therapeutic and educative schools is 16.1 years.
- 57% of them are boys and 43% are girls.
- 13.6% of the patients seen in outpatient centres are adopted, and this figure rises to almost 20% in residential schools.
- 62% of adoptions are of international origin.
- Almost half of the population has been referred to Amalgama7 without a previous diagnosis.
- Of those who have been referred with a previous diagnosis, almost 60% have been due to a behavioral disorder, being the attention deficit disorder (ADHD) the most prevalent diagnosis.
- Almost 3 out of 4 present an associated family conflict, with psychological child to parent violence being the prevailing conflict.