Special May 1, 2019 – Valldaura’s “Festa Major”
Next Wednesday, May 1, 2019, the “Festa Major” (Aplec of Santa Maria de Valldaura) of the CTE Valldaura Therapeutic School, among others, will be celebrated with a Mass presided over by Mossèn Jaume Prat.
It is held annually on May 1, in the spaces of the therapeutic and educational school CTE Valldaura, which, in times gone by, was a Cistercian monastery founded in the 13th century.
The neighbors of the village of Olvan (Berguedà, Catalonia) had the custom of making a celebration around the old Romanesque hermitage of Santa Maria de Valldaura. From Amalgama7, with the will of respect for people, history and tradition, we have kept this holiday expanding it to the relatives and friends of young residents.
Then we can enjoy a magic show by Dani Maggic, a magician from the Berguedà.
Finally, the celebration will be closed with an aperitif and with a tour of guided visits to the school.
The objectives of this activity are:
• Maintain the tradition of this gathering as a thank-you to the neighbors of Olvan and its Town Hall for their reception.
• Make it possible for May 1 to become an open day so that all the people who wish to visit the facilities of the therapeutic school, as well as to know their plan of operation.
• That the same residents be in charge of guided tours.
It is an open day so that all the people who wish to visit the facilities of the therapeutic school, as well as to know the plan of operation and the same boys and girls are in charge of making the visits guided
– 11:30 a.m. Mass at the Romanesque hermitage of Santa Mª de Valldaura celebrated by Mossèn Jaume Prat
– 12:30 p.m. Magic show by Dani Mágik
– 13:30 p.m. Aperitif
– 13:30 p.m. Open day / guided tours
We would like to celebrate with you all in a joyful, open and shared way the “Festa Major”.